Monday, November 15, 2010

TCA Treatment at VSRC

For years now, I have been hopping from one dermatologist to another. Heck I even tried Belo Medical -- I used to be an OBAGI girl. But being your simple girl-next-door meets Bohemian babe meets nerd, I can't really keep up with those long hours of putting on cream after cream after cream each night. My routine toppled over and I went back from kutis artista (yes, the OBAGI promise is true) to my usual oily self.

Until I chanced upon VSRC -- or VMV Skin Research Center along C. Palanca at Legaspi Village, Makati (I got a referral from my cousin who was referred by her sister-in-law who used to be an intern at the Asian Hospital). It is the research facility of VMV Hypoallergenics, which most of you probably know. I was really surprised when I found out that VMV Hypoallergenics is actually a Filipino company.

The procedure they did to me yesterday was to decrease the size of my pores on the nose as well as minimize the scars that my college bout with acne left. My dermatologist, Dr. Beverly Ong-Amoranto, did the procedure using 100% TCA. I don't really know what TCA stands for though I'm pretty sure 'A' stands for acid. So basically she put 100% acid on my nose. I stung a bit which made my eyes a bit watery but that's just about it. When I looked at myself on the mirror I saw what Dr Ong described as 'strawberry nose' -- and it was true. My nose looked like it was a strawberry smashed on my face.

There's still the stinging feeling around an hour after the procedure but was very tolerable. Dr Ong told me that the white spots would turn brown within the week. And when I checked this morning, they have indeed changed from white last night to very light shade of brown.


I have to wait for a week to see the complete effect of the treatment and will update you guys along the way. That's all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment